[all about food] SG + KL FOOD GEM

A short weekend getaway to KL, Malaysia is something I always look forward to, as it is a chance to recharge myself after a week of stressful work. We drove up on a Saturday morning at 5am, and we reached KL at 10.30am. We did our usual routine upon reaching Uncle Mike's place which was shopping, makan-ing and lepak-ing.
 
At night, Uncle Mike drove us to Kepong to try out Sze Ngan Chye's famous Roasted Duck. The restaurant actually first opened at Petaling Street, which is located at the heart of KL Town. Luckily, they opened another branch at Kepong which only required 20 minutes of driving from Uncle Mike's place.


 
Apart of having the succulent roasted duck, I also had Minced Pork Spinach Noodles, and it tasted delicious! Thanks for the heart-warming dinner! 



 
The next morning, Uncle Mike brought us to Pudu, KL town area for famous San Peng Prawn Noodles for brunch. This yummy bowl of prawn noodles never fails me! 

 
We did some last minute shopping at Da Men Mall, USJ, and we had our afternoon tea at Coffee & Toast! 

 
On our way back to SG from KL, we stopped by the small town of Yong Peng to have our dinner. We settled down at Restoran Hock Hwa, and the damage was RM60-ish. 

 
On the home front, check out my weekday lunch with Suni, Jane and Irene at Ramen Nagi, which is located at Suntec City Tower 2. We queued for about 10-15 minutes for our seats.

 
I had the Black King Ramen (SGD15.90), and I love the fragrant blackened garlic and the flavorful squid ink broth. It tasted even better when mixing the 'Black Ball', a mishmash of minced meat, completely into the broth. I savoured every bit of it!



Our colleague, Wayne is leaving our company soon, so we decided to have a farewell lunch with him. Together with the CSR team and Jack, we went to 'Mad for Garlic' for our meal. I had Triple Garlic Seafood Pasta and we shared a Seafood starter among us. Instead of us going dutch to buy Wayne a meal, our lovely 'Big' man Jack foot the entire bill. The damage was pretty hefty at about SGD200plus. Thanks for the treat, man! 


 
I end my post with my Sunday Dim Sum Brunch at Pin Si, SAFRA Yishun Country Club. We enjoyed 20% off our meal, as Baby is a member of the SAFRA club! The total damage was SGD50 after the member's discount


 
Lastly, a plate of Phad Thai goodness! I miss Thailand after my Phuket trip, and I can't wait to go back for more yummy Thai delicacies!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA