[random] All about food across JB and SG

I chanced upon Hold-Zhu Tea way back in 2013, and at the time, its location was at Taman Desa Tebrau. It was the café/restaurant that I've ever seen that utilized shipping containers as its premises! Now, it has been re-named it as 'The Metallic Kitchen'.
 
Recently, I went to their second branch at Golden Triangle Pelangi, Taman Pelangi for some teas and snacks.

 
As mentioned before, The Metallic Kitchen was set up using recycled shipping containers which made it environmentally friendly. This unique design allows patrons to enjoy their meals and drinks within the cosy container box for a different dining experience!
 

 
To beat the scorching weather, we ordered 2 icy teas and some fish fingers for our tea, and the damage was RM29.






 
Apart from the indoor seating, the eatery place also offers an alfresco setting. I love the swing seats very much. I sat on the swing before leaving the premises, and I had fun swinging myself back and fro. Do not say that I am acting like a juvenile, as everyone still has their inner kid living within!


 
Before heading back to SG, we settled our dinner at Restoran Tapai Tang which is located at Taman Melodies. I love their Hokkien Mee very much, and I will definitely be back again for their cze char fare. The damage was RM63. 

 
I brought Baby for a nice lunch on Sunday afternoon, and we had our meal at Masizzim Korean Restaurant which is located at 313 Somerset. They are famous for their Korean Meat Stew. We had the Beef Stew, which meat was well-marinated. The meat has been cooked in the soy sauce for long hours, which resulted in in being very tender.
 
We also ordered the popular Anchovy Rice Balls. YES! This is me preparing to mould the rice balls for my Baby! I am glad that he enjoyed his meal as much as I did, and the damage I paid for was SGD43. It was a little treat to my Baby from myself to show him appreciation for the many things he does for me! 

 
To reciprocate my lunch treat, Baby brought me to my favorite Thai restaurant which is located at Orchard Central. Yes!, we were back at Som Tam once again, and we ordered our favorite Tom Yum Koong. However, we discovered the price had gone up significantly as compared to what we had paid for previously. The damage was SGD53, and thanks Baby for the dinner treat! 

 
Lastly, we visited the Seasonal Salad Bar which is located at Chinatown Point, and they have the same dining concept as Krazy Salad Bar which is located at Toa Payoh Central (above KFC). I love their signature ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT salad bar, and I feel they have larger variety of items as compared to Krazy Salad Bar. We had an Add-On for a basket of Sweet Potato Fries which cost only SGD2 to go along with our main courses!
 
I ordered Hickory BBQ Chicken while Baby had the Garlic Butter Grilled Fish. I personally felt that the mains were a disappointment. The Krazy Salad Bar serves a way better main courses, but I suppose the salad bar makes up for it! As with all eateries, there are always hits and misses.

 
I end my post with an early birthday pressie from my JB blogger friend, Kim. It was a lip gloss from L'Oreal. Thanks for the sweet gift! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA