[Running Clinic] My first train-up for Mizuno Ekiden Singapore 2016

The second instalment of the Mizuno Ekiden will take place on 16th of July, 2016 at The Promontory @ Marina Bay! This year, the race is making its first full-fledged Ekiden race in Singapore, at 4pm in the evening.

 
Ekiden is a term referring to a long distance relay running race in Japanese culture. There are two running categories (half marathon - 21.1km ; full marathon - 42.195km) for Mizuno Ekiden Singapore 2016. I signed up for the half marathon with my two running buddies (Tracy and Jasmine) together with my Baby. I will be the second runner for my team in this relay run.

 
To help us in preparation in our forthcoming run, Mizuno organised a series of running clinics for the runners. I attended the first running clinic that took place on a Saturday morning at the Singapore Sports Hub.

 
Coach Sham led us through the warm up exercises before our 4km/8km run training. We did the cool down exercise under his supervision too.

 
It was a pleasure to have him to guide us on the proper training and running techniques. Apart from Coach Sham, I was glad to have a group of young pacers with us and to encourage us along our run.

 
We wrapped up our training session with a group photo. Thanks for the arrangement, Mizuno!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA