How Jess Baby spend her CNY Day 3

Most Chinese believe that on the third day of CNY, it is not good to do home visiting, so this makes a good excuse to meet up with friends and loved ones for meals or outings.


It was the CNY Day 3, and both Baby and I decided to drive in to JB, Malaysia. As usual, Baby picked me up from my place and we drove to Johor Bahru, though the logistics is wrong as he is staying in Woodlands and I stay in Kallang. Oh well, this is what makes him a special person in my heart. 

We had Dim Sum for our brekkie, and we settled at Restoran Dim Sum HK which is located at Taman Mount Austin.






We ordered quite a number of Dim Sum entrees, and I think the Seaweed Roll and the Glutinous Rice (Lor Mai Gai) were the best! The damage was RM47 (SGD18-ish). Our brekkie was pretty good but I prefer the Dim Sum from Restoran Yoong Lei which is just located a distance away from Restoran Dim Sum HK.

We continued seeking for nice food at Taman Mount Austin for our lunchie, and this eatery place’s name attracted us. The shop's name was called 'Big Bowl'. What a sweet and short name which literally means ‘makan/food’.



The laksa was given a well-rating when I checked-in to Foursquare, so I decided to order that for myself, and Baby had their Signature Big Bowl Pork Meatballs Ban Mian. 

We share a plate of Deep-fried Pork Meatballs (10-pc), and they tasted like Fried Ngoh Hiang (Fried Pork Roll)


I also ordered a plate of Fried Wanton (10-pc), and they tasted pretty tasty.


The damage was RM28 (SGD10-ish) + 2 drinks. My lunch was delightful and affordable.  

To avoid the jam in both customs, we decided to leave JB early around 5-ish instead of having our dinner in JB. The traffic was pretty bad on the way to the Malaysia’s custom and fairly decent at the Singapore side though there is a small jam towards the checkpoint. Oh well, it took us about 45-60mins to clear both checkpoints.
I hereby end my post with our CNY Day 3 dinner at Taste of Thai which is located at Yishun Industrial Food Centre.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA