[8 DAYS Eat Food Trail] In search of YUMMY FOOD around SINGAPORE

Knowing that I was going to attend the 8 DAYS Eat Food Trail with Claressa, my whole head was filled with thoughts of yummy food the night before, but who cares! Enjoy first and worry later… Hahaha!! This is Jess Baby’s mind set.



I met up with Claressa at Mediacorp, so as to meet up with the rest of the foodies and the hosts of 8 DAYS Eat, Bubbly Belinda Lee and Food Blogger, Dr Lesile Tay (ieatishootipost).


As everyone knows that I am a food lover, this is a perfect day out for me as I can venture out to try more delicious food haunts…



 I was super excited to get on the bus to set off on our food trail…


All thanks to my lovely partner, Claressa who extended her invite for me to join her to the wonderful food trail.


Claressa and I were featured in ieatishootipost’s instagram, and I took screenshots of Lesile Tay’s instagram… 



Belinda is really friendly in person and I felt comfortable being with her during the entire outdoor shoot. While on the bus, she used her own unique way to remember our names, and made small talk with us...


The first food haunt was Spring Leaf Prata Place which is located at Thong Soon Avenue Springleaf Estate Singapore 787431 


I have been there a couples of times, but every time, I visit this eatery place, I will just order a normal plain or perhaps an egg or even an onion prata… But this time round, I was introduced to their famous Portobello Mushroom Cheese Thosai… The Thosai tasted better with the dip of the gravy of Chicken Masala. I love both the Thosai and the Chicken Masala very much.


Dr Lesile Tay ordered for us a special dessert from this eatery place that really surprised me. OM!! It was the Red Bean Prata, it tasted exactly like those which are served in Chinese restaurants at an affordable price. The Red Bean Prata bears a crispy texture and it tasted wonderful.


We ended our meal at the first stop with a group photo, and we went off to our second stop!


 Second food haunt: Haji M Abdul Rajak Stall which is located at Block 17 Upper Boon Keng Food Centre #01-03 Singapore 380017


I love Mutton Soup which is commonly known as ‘Kam Bing Soup’, and my mood was lit up instantly upon seeing the mutton soup!! Claressa is not a fan of mutton but she was game enough to try the soup upon seeing the joy on my face. Unfortunately, she still doesn’t like it... Hahaha!! 


I only eat the tendons, and therefore I will only order tulang (kaki) instead of the mutton meat. While I was enjoying my tulang, Lesile Tay caught me in the act when I was using a straw to suck out the bone marrow from the tulang. This below picture appeared in his instagram… 


Third food haunt: Xiao Di Fried Prawn Noodles which is located at Block 153 Serangoon North Avenue 1 Guan Hock Tiong Eating House Singapore 550153


I used to like the Hokkien Mee at Geylang Lor 29, but after trying out the Hokkien Mee from Xiao Di, I think there is a change of my liking and now I love Xiao Di Hokkien Mee very much. The noodles was wet and tasted yummy, and I like the sambal chilli too..



I was amazed when the owner of the stall came out and talked to us, he is a 26-year-old young chap who fought against all odds to open this stall and serves up traditional Hokkien Mee. 



Fourth food haunt: Haig Road Food Centre which is located at Blk 14 Haig Road Food Centre #01-08 Singapore 430014


This stall serves up great malay kuehs, Putu Piring. Though the queue was long but the servers in the stall are quick enough to ease the queue line…


The brown sugar from Java really tasted good and I love the freshly grated coconut too. Remember to eat it when it is piping hot. 



Fifth food haunt: Tong Heng Confectionary which is located at 285 South Bridge Road Singapore 058833


The standard of the egg tarts are on par to those which are served in Hong Kong, and the egg tarts tasted nice. The sweetness is just right for my taste-buds. 


The egg tarts were prepared for us prior to our arrival to the bakery, and they were served hot from the oven. Try drinking eat while eating the tarts if you find it too sweet to neutralize and achieve a balance of sweetness. 


I took a picture with James (son of Lesile) at Tong Heng Confectionary… 


The Sixth and the last food haunt for this food trail: Singapura Seafood Barbeque which is located at Block 9 Selegie House #01-31 Selegie Road Singapore 180009



After the whole day of non-stop eating, we were at our final stop, and we had their signature dish, Cold Crabs. 


Apart from the Cold Crab, we had the Claypot Mee Hoon Soup Crab, the soup tasted sweet and rich. 


Dr Lesile Tay ordered his favourite Hokkien Mee for all of us to try out too. The taste reminds me of KL Hokkien Mee, and it is pretty tasty too.


To round up my favorite dishes for this food trail, they are the Claypot Mee Hoon Soup Crab from Singapura Seafood Barbeque and Hokkien Mee from Xiao Di Fried Prawn Noodles



What a well-spent wonderful Sunday!! Kudos all the people at 8 DAYS Eat Food Trail, I want to thank Claressa and 8 DAYS Eat for the opportunity to be part of this awesome food trail.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA