Vacation: Short holiday to Hong Kong

Baby used his priority access for us to enjoy some quiet time at the Sky Lounge while waiting for our flight to Hong Kong. 
 
 
In the lounge, we can enjoy free wireless access and there is a decent spread of complimentary refreshments and drinks to enjoy. It was an ultimate indulgence prior to boarding our flight.

 
My brekkie on-board...


After finishing my meal, I browsed through the list of movies from the in-flight entertainment guide selection... And I made my choice, Now You See Me as I missed out on it when it was showing in the cinemas...

 
After 3hrs 55mins of flying, we finally landed at Hong Kong International Airport, we proceeded to the train counter to buy the Airport Express Travel Pass which included 2-way Airport Express ride + 3-days unlimited MTR rides and a pair of PCCW SIM card with 5 days worth of Mobile Data + unlimited usage of local voice call and wi-fi, once we cleared our immigration customs/checks.



 
I stayed at Shamrock Hotel which is located at just a few steps away from Jordan MTR Station, Oh well, the location of the hotel is superb but the service rendered to us was pretty limited as there is no free wi-fi access in the room.

 
Though our stay didn’t come with breakfast, but we pretty happy too as we have more stomach capacity for more famous and delicious local eats.

 
We purchased some loot from Coach, and we spotted some interesting retail stores such as A Bathing Ape – Pirate Store. All the garments are placed inside a treasure chest box. I love the logo very much too...

 
There is a retail store that features Chibi Maruko Chan as the main character for the boutique. It is so adorable and if you are a fan of Chibi Maruko Chan, then wait no more, but to visit it at Hysan Place.

 
We went to the Avenue of Stars which is located along the Victoria Harbour Waterfront in Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong.

 
 
 
From the Waterfront Promenade, you can find breath-taking scenery and a nice view of the side of the Victoria Harbour, Wan Chai /Central District...
 
 
Avenue of Stars honors celebrities of the Hong Kong film industry as it celebrates the film icons that made Hong Kong the ‘Hollywood of the East’ with celebrity hand prints, movie memorabilia and descriptive milestones. There is a series of floor plaques to pay tribute to eminent Hong Kong celebrities.

 
There is no charge for this magnificent tourist attraction as it is built mainly to pay tribute to outstanding professionals of Hong Kong's film industry.

 
There is a 2.5 metres bronze statue of Bruce Lee at the Avenue of Stars!!

 
Chilling out at Lan Kwai Fong is a MUST when I am in Hong Kong, I took the MTR from Jordan (which serves to my hotel) to Central where Lan Kwai Fong is situated.

 
Lan Kwai Fong is a well-known party location in Hong Kong with loads of nightclubs and bars. It used to be a place full of hawkers way back during the Second World War but now it is a happening place for party-goers and diners for both tourists and the locals.
 

 
It was relatively crowded in Lan Kwai Fong on the Friday night, and we still managed to get a table at Hard Rock Cafe. We enjoyed the ‘LIVE’ band performance while enjoying our drinks...

 
Good times fly by so fast!! I took the Airport Express ride back to airport from Kowloon Station.



 
 I had my meal (early dinner) on board.  

 
I completed my meal with Haagen Dazs ice cream.... Ooooh!! I felt so blessed.

 
Again, I watched movies which I missed out on... Hahahaha!! Here you go Monster University!!

 
Lastly, I picked up Hong Kong’s famous 'Lao Po Bing' which is literally known as Wife's Biscuits for my indulgence...

 
 
I had a fruitful trip and I will be back soon. I love HKG so much that I want to make it a yearly trip for me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA