Jess Baby's first attempt: Nonya Chicken Curry - recipe by Audra Morrice

Recently, I went on a shopping trip with Audra Morrice, as I was given a mission to whip up a pot of Nonya Chicken Curry. Under her guidance, she gave me tips and helped me up out getting the ingredients for the cooking.
 
 
I am a food lover and I love to eat. I don't really love to cook in general but I don't mind cooking occasionally for my family and friends…Upon taking up the shopping trip event with Audra, I am determined to cook some Nonya Chicken Curry as a nice weekend lunch for my family.

 
These were the ingredients that I got from Tekka Market.
 
 
Below were the ingredients to do the rempah (spice paste).
 
 
2 Long Fresh Red Chillies, Turmeric, sliced Galangal, skinned Ginger and 2 Candlenuts.

 Onions/Shallots - peeled and cut into small wedges/cubes, 3 Cloves of Garlicpeeled, Long Dried Red Chillies - soaked in hot water and drained dry and Blachan - wrapped in foil and toasted in a dry pan until fragrant.   
 
 
 Lastly, a packet of Coconut Milk
 

3 stalks Lemongrass (white part only)
 

5 Potatoes (peeled and quartered)
 
 
The main ingredient for this dish, 1 whole Chicken (cut into pieces) 

 
Put the cut onions/shallots, chilles, turmeric, galangal, ginger, garlic, candlenuts and blachan in blender to grind to a paste. Heat up the oil in a large pot or wok, and add the rempah (spice paste) and lemongrass and cook on medium heat until fragrant.

 
Add in chicken meat and stir until well-coated, then add in the potatoes and stir in coconut milk and cook the chicken and potatoes until they are tender. Lastly, season with salt and sugar and serve hot with white rice.
 
 
My Nonya Chicken Curry was ready, and I love the thick curry gravy as it complements the white rice very well.
 
 
My home-cooked Nonya Chicken Curry, which had a good respond from my family members, and I felt contented and had a sense of satisfaction.
 
 
I round up with a collage image of the process of cooking the Nonya Chicken Curry.
 
 
For a quick reference, I attached the full detailed recipe which I extracted from Audra Morrice's website, www.audramorrice.com.au
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA