RKM's food journey + Mother's Day Celebration

We made a trip down to VivoCity on a weekend for lunch, as this is my first visit to PUTIEN Restaurant which is located at Vivo City, and therefore I was kinda of excited to have my meal at the premises...
 
 
PUTIEN restaurant is a modest eatery specializing in Heng Hwa cuisine which is the most discerning palate with wholesome home-cooked dishes prepared by dedicated chefs.
 
 
Pu Tien is newly opened in VivoCity, and it took over the space of the former tenant, White Dog Cafe... OM!! I miss the old days as it offered cheap beer in White Dog Cafe for their diners.
 
 
We ordered Pu'er by the pot

 
The appetizer was pretty addictive... 

 
Hing Hwa Bee Hoon is their signature dish and it is highly recommended in the menu too. I love the super-fine bee hoon when it was served to my table. Oh well, it looks better than it tastes. I feel that it is a little too dry for me and kinda bland (not flavorful enough). If you have other dishes to try out, you can give this one a miss then.
 
Overall, this dish is pretty affordable as the portion is big and my stomach can simply be filled alone with this dish. It is a good choice for sharing among friends. 

 
I simply can’t get enough of the Spinach with Salted Egg and Century Egg in Supreme Stock, as the salted egg yolk enhances the taste of the Supreme Stock, and I love the accompanying century egg that makes it a complete dish.

 
It was a pleasant meal as a whole as I like the setting of the restaurant located at VivoCity. The damage was 39-ish, and it was quite hefty sum to pay for 2 dishes for 2 persons. 

 
I hereby end my food journey post with our celebration of Mother’s Day Dim Sum lunch at Yum Cha, Chinatown. These were some Dim Sum selection we had on Mother’s Day, and damage was SGD93-ish. I was glad to hear that my folks (specially mommy) enjoyed the food very much, and it makes the damage worth paying. Truly eaten, well spent!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA