My excursion to Jurong Bird Park

Jurong Bird Park is Asia Pacific's largest bird park and home to more than 8,000 birds of 600 species from around the world and was opened on 3 January 1971. It is also one of the most renowned bird sanctuaries with some of the largest free-flying aviaries in the world.
 
 
It’s been ages since I last visited Jurong Bird Park. Back then, I was just a lower secondary school student who went on a excursion tour. Re-visiting Jurong Bird Park has never really crossed my mind until Sweetie suggested that we do an educational gathering on Sunday morning. What a random suggestion!! So here I am, standing outside the entrance of one of our famous tourists attractions, Jurong Bird Park.

 
 We made our first visiting spot the Penguin Coast.



We met the adorable tuxedo-ed friendly species, the penguins.
 
 
We watched the penguins torpedo through the water and see how they nimbly jump up from the water onto the ice.  
 



 
 



 
Since 1972, a year after Jurong Bird Park's official opening, the Park has been successfully breeding flamingos in support of international wildlife conservancy efforts at the Flamingo Pool.


 

The Riverine  

 
World of Darkness

 
Enter the darkness of night, in broad daylight at the World of Darkness, Asia's first nocturnal house and meet the elusive owls...
 
 
Lory Loft

 
Pelican Cove





 


 
I had a valuable lesson at Jurong Bird Park as I learnt many fun facts about different birds. They are pretty interesting and I glad that I made the trip down again to Jurong Bird Park. I enjoyed my excursion with my friends too... Thanks Sweetie for the arrangement!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA