Welcoming 2012

To avoid the New Year's eve dinner crowd, Baby and I decided to have our dinner one day before NYE... As we are fond of Italian cuisine, Baby brought me to Cacio e Pepe, a Italian restaurant that located at Hillview and the ambience is pretty cosy too...

'Cacio e Pepe' translates to 'Cheese & Pepper' which are two things that always go well together. This eatery place is tucked away in a quiet suburban location, and they endeavor to create a relaxed Italian dining experience with authentic Italian cuisine using highest quality ingredients.


Complimentary free-flow home-baked bread, a normal practice in every Italian restaurant... The bread really goes well with a dip of olive oil and vinegar... We are simply falling in love with this simple and authentic starter of Italian cuisine.


We love Calamari Fritti... They tasted so good that we can't stop eating them... The rings aren't too oily too *BONUS*. Without any hesitation, we declared this crispy rings as the BEST calamari ever...


We shared the Lobster Broth, I love the freshness of the lobster meat loads and the soup was yummy too (:


I had Spaghetti alle Vongole as my main course... It was delicious and the clams were very fresh too. The spaghetti was uber smooth, but the only downside was the bitterness from the clam gravy (soup) which I found slightly overbearing.


Tagliatelle Tartufo is always Baby's favourite... The creamy sauce with freshness of the seafood ingredients were cooked with the earthly aromas of the mushrooms. The finished look of the pasta was 'perfecto'. Simply 'delizioso'!! I tasted the scallops and prawns, they were very fresh... The creamy truffle sauce was pretty tasty, and yet not overpowering...

Overall, I enjoyed the fresh food served with great service at Cacio e Pepe as they has never thought of taking short-cuts in food preparations... All their key ingredients are still freshly prepared within the restaurant rather than getting from mass produced suppliers. I will heartily recommend this eatery place to all my friends as I personally feel that this restaurant is a secret gem that is worth going back again and again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The countdown of NYE was pretty simple for us... As usual like other past year, we just while our time and welcoming the brand new year at any bars or pubs by drinking and chatting about everything under the sun... On the last day of 2011, we chose a pub called Lazy lizard located at sixth Avenue as our New Year's celebration...


We ordered a pint of Hoegaarden each, pretty good retreat and chillout place to laze around...


~ Simply all about us ~





Happy 2012!! My New Year's resolution...

 - to get a promotion
- to be blessed with happiness always.
- to save more money for trips.
- to lose some weight.
- may all my friends, family members & my loved ones healthy & happy always.

I hope I am not too late for make my resolutions. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA