Wonderful doings in London

Making my way out from my London's stay to the tube station... It took me around 15mins walk to reach the station...


Strolling down in the morning to the tube station was lovely despite of the cold weather around 10C... The scenery was breath-taking...


We had our brekkie at Mac near to the Tube Station... Baby had a Double Sausage with Egg McMuffin Meal, while I had the Breakfast Wrap Meal...


OMG! The wrap tasted awesomely good... I'm lovin' it (:


After our meal, we took the tube to Bond Street to start off our morning shopping, as most of the shop opens from 9am-6pm in London...


Our first stop - Desigual... This is Baby's fave brand!


~ Jess Baby love shopping ~


I got Baby a top from Desigual at GBP 49... This is a small token from me, as I really appreciate that he actually made the time to plan out this trip... He took care of me very well during our 10-day Europe trip.


I love the shopping bag from Desigual which comes free with any purchase(s)


As I was roaming around Bond Street area, I came across this familiar retail store - The Body Shop, and what really attracted me to step in to the store is that I discovered the packaging of their hand creams are different from those we see in Singapore... The packaging of hand creams from The Body Shop in London look like those from Crabtree & Evelyn and the luxury brand, L'occitane.


I got this Hemp Hand Protector - 100ml and The Wild Rose Hand Cream with SPF15 - 30ml at GBP 5 each

We took the tube down to Knightbridge, as I wanted to go to the Hard Rock Cafe, to look for shot glasses, I collect the countries/cities of HRC shot glass which I visited. As we were walking down, we passed by Hyde Park, unfortunately we didn't stop by to take some photos of it, perhaps during our next visit, I will definitely do so (A secret to share, I will be going to visit London REAL soon again)

Hyde Park is one of the largest parks in central London, United Kingdom, and one of the Royal Parks of London, famous for its Speakers' Corner.


Jess Baby got her loot from HRC...


I picked up a Limited Edition London Photo Booth Guitar pin added to my HRC collections.


I got a classic shot glass at GBP 4.95


I got a HRC City shot glass at GBP 5.75


We had our late lunch @ Metropolitan... This pub/restaurant is located at Baker Street, a street in the Marylebone district of the City of Westminster in London...

This was the table mat on each table, I think the illustration looks cool, so I decided to snap a shot... Hahahaha!


We had Stella Artois, as beers were pretty cheap in London as compared to bottled/distilled water


This eatery place served authentic English food and I had my all time favouite - Sausage & Mash...


Baby had the classic Britain's Cod & Chips


Our bill was around SGD 42... Having meal in London is pretty hefty and is really hard to find cheap eatery places too...


We left Baker Street and took the tube to Piccadily Circus Station... We went to Lillywhites for cheap sports hauling.

Lillywhites is a sports retailer based at Piccadilly Circus, and it is currently a division of Sports Direct International. Remember to go there for some cheap and trendy sports wear...


Piccadilly Circus links directly to the theatres on Shaftesbury Avenue…


We walked over to Queen's Theatre to purchase our tickets for Les Misérables.


Les Misérables opened at the Barbican Theatre, London, on 8 October 1985 and musical theatre history was made. The production transferred to the Palace Theatre on 4 December 1985 and it has been at the Queen's Theatre since 3 April 2004.

It was the people and not the critics who made Les Misérables a hit. Initially mixed reviews in the British press when the show just started but audiences reacted with great enthusiasm. The whole theatre was sold out… Night after night, the audience responded with standing ovation.


We got our tickets from the box ticket counter...


We got 2 tickets @ GBP30... I was pretty excited for the musical, as for baby, he is a die-hard fan of Les Misérables and this marks his third time watching the same musical...


WOW! The theatre bears the Victorian-styled and this makes this theatre full of British history...




Les Misérables was nominated for 12 Tony Awards and won eight, including Best Musical and Best Original Score.

The Tony Award-winning score features the song 'I Dreamed a Dream', sung as a solo by the character Fantine during the first act. Numerous artists have covered this song... I love this song very much and every time I hear this song, my tears will just drop down naturally, cos this song touches my heart.


Cam-whoring while waiting for the musical to start...




Baby got me the Souvenir brochures @ GBP 12


And he got himself a Fridge Magnet @ GBP 5


The show was AWESOME.... The casts acted so well in the musical, especially the sad scenes... Teary me, left the theatre with a satisfying smile... And that explains why Les Misérables has achieved the honor of becoming the world’s longest running musical.


As Chinatown is just around the corner of Piccadilly Circus… We decided to have some Chinese cuisine for supper since it has been a long time since we had Chinese food... As we roamed around in Chinatown, we snapped pixs at the the same time... LOL





What a sinful supper we had, Baby introduced me a very special and unusual food that can only be eaten in London, Chinatown... The name of the dish is called Aroma Crispy Duck...


The way of eating the Aroma Crispy Duck is the same way as Beijing Duck >>> Wrap the duck meat with special brown sauce and added some sliced cucumbers, wrap it up and it is ready to eat...


Back then in Singapore, while I am doing this blog post, I kinda miss the Aroma Crispy Duck... I want to eat more in my next visit to London...

Wonderful shopping & makan-ing experience in London, I 'heart' you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA